Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hitchcock, North by Northwest

Cary Grant's character was quite different than his character in Philadelphia Story. He let a woman led him around and almost get killed, but he looked great in his suit. He had a image to keep up and he did it in this movie. He also got the girl at the end through a twist of fate. The scene at Mount Rushmore was something. I have been there and I didn't see how people could climb around the faces. I wondered about the title until I saw the Northwest planes and fiqured it out. It had a great ending and Cary Grant played his masculine role well. He is still looked at today as one of Hollywood's leading male actors.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. His suit, which looked so good, became popular in fashion of the time. This shows that movies have an impact on society as well as tell about it.

    ReplyDelete